I’ve submitted my entry to Dusan’s interface contest, so now I want to take the opportunity to open it up for discussion, feedback, and critique.
My design proposes:
- Reworking the bottom toolbar to be collapsible and customizable, and to feature chat, IM, voice, and friends list more prominently.
- Reorganizing the main menus to be less intimidating and more logically-grouped.
- Several enhancements to the Inventory floater:
- “Favorites” and “Worn” item tabs.
- Quick filter selection box to easily filter items by type.
- Various enhancements to the right click menu.
The design document is available online, with purty pictures for your enjoyment.
Feedback and critique about the design are welcome!